Enhanced, mobile-friendly test-taker workflow
We are pleased to announce that over the next month we will be releasing updated versions of many of our tests. The update includes a new look and user workflow for test takers, solves several usability issues, and improves the test taking experience all around. In addition, many tests will be renamed to make sorting through our test library easier.
What is changing about the test process?
The test process is being updated in many exciting ways. The new workflow will not require Java/Citrix for most tests, will be much more attractive and intuitive for test takers, and will support mobile devices for most non-simulation tests. Please click here to view a brief explanation and demonstration of the new test process.
Which tests are changing?
Please click here to view an updated version of our catalog. In the new catalog you will see a few new pieces of information, including:
- Columns indicating the previous and updated names and ID’s for tests
- A column indicating if the test has been enabled for use on mobile devices
- A column with update transition notes for each test, detailing what if any actions should be taken to utilize the new version
When will I notice a change?
1. On October 10, we will be auto-replacing many of the old-technology existing tests with the updated versions inside accounts. The new versions will feature the same questions, interaction models, and reporting as the existing tests. All existing reports will remain intact within your account. The differences you will notice are:
- Most tests previously requiring Java/Citrix to run will no longer require Java/Citrix to run.
- Many tests will be automatically renamed within your account (see our newest catalog for the new naming)
- Old test reports will remain available in the online system under the old test names after the change. New tests reports will have the new test titles. All are searchable in the online system.
2. On November 28, we will be turning on the new updated workflow (new look and feel) of the testing process within your account.
- The new workflow eliminates the need for Java/Citrix for most tests
- Tests have been "re-skinned" to be much more attractive and intuitive for test takers
- The test workflow automatically provides more information to guide the test taker through the process. The user will now see a listing of all test titles in their session, an estimated time for the total session, and will be able to see their progress through the session at the completion of each test.
- Support for mobile devices (smart phones and tablets) for most non-simulation tests.
- Simplified workflow - browser checks and other technical checking is hidden from the user (still being done) but only displayed to the candidate if there is something they need to know about or take action on.
Do I have to do anything to enable the updated workflow?
Nope! The workflow changes will be automatically enabled in your account(s) on November 28. If you don’t want to have the changes automatically enabled in your account, please contact your account representative directly prior to that date.
What if my account has custom branding?
The new testing workflow is branded with the Findly Maize logo by default, however the branding of the testing workflow can be changed to reflect your brand. In order to change the branding of the testing workflow, you will need to provide a logo file (.png or .jpg, 73px. x 40px.) to your account representative, and make arrangements with your account representative to have it placed in your account.
Who should I reach out to if I have additional questions?
Please contact your account representative directly, or email email@example.com to contact a representative who will assist you.